Eligibility for The Admission
An applicant may fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements to be admitted to MPhil Programme, if he/she has any one of the following qualifications:
- A Bachelors Honours Degree of SLQF level 6 with a minimum of 30 credits in the relevant field.
- A Bachelors Honours Degree of SLQF level 6 with a minimum of 30 credits in a related field and successful completion of a qualifying examination.
- A Bachelor’s degree of SLQF level 5 with a minimum GPA of 3 on a scale of 0-4 and the successful completion of a qualifying examination which will be conducted by SLIIT after the completion of 30 credits equivalent to SLQF 6 in the same or related field.
- A qualification of SLQF level 7, i.e. a Postgraduate Certificate or above in the relevant field.
- Completion of NVQF level 7 with a minimum GPA of 3 in a scale of 0-4 and the successful completion of 30 credit equivalent to SLQF level 6 or above as determined by the SLIIT.
Selection to the MPhil program
Selection to the program is based on
- Academic performance
- The strength of the research proposal
- Research capabilities demonstrated
- The strength of Recommendations
- The relevance of background and experience to proposed research work
The shortlisted applicants shall pass an aptitude test and successfully face an interview conducted by SLIIT. At the interview, the overall suitability of the applicant to follow MPhil programme is assessed.
- An applicant granted admission to the MPhil program shall register as MPhil Research Student (MRS) within a period of three months from the date stipulated by SLIIT.
- A Student, upon passing a qualifying examination after one year from the date of registration as a MRS, may be allowed to register as a Candidate of the MPhil programme and to proceed with the programme.
- The studentship of MPhil Research Student failing the qualifying examination twice will automatically be terminated.
Duration of Programme
The minimum duration of the programme leading to the Degree of Master of Philosophy (MPhil) shall be:
- two years (or 24 months) for full-time students and
- Three years (or 36 months) for part-time students
Supervisors and Co-Supervisors
Applicants are advised to find suitable supervisor and co-supervisors before submitting the application. The supervisor of a MPhil student should be a faculty member of SLIIT. On request, SLIIT may be able provide some assistance to find supervisors.
Supervisors of MPhil programs should be:
- knowledgeable in the subject area to be covered in the research program,
- holding an MPhil Degree or higher qualification, or a person of eminent research standing acceptable to SLIIT.
- Master of Philosophy in Software Engineering MPhil (Software Engineering)
- Master of Philosophy in Information Technology MPhil (Information Technology)
- Master of Philosophy in Computer Networks MPhil (Computer Networks)
- Master of Philosophy in Cyber Security MPhil (Cyber Security)
- Master of Philosophy in Civil Engineering MPhil (Civil Engineering)
- Master of Philosophy in Electrical and Electronics Eng. MPhil (Electrical and Electronics Engineering)
- Master of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering MPhil (Mechanical Engineering)
- Master of Philosophy in Materials Engineering MPhil (Materials Engineering)
Name of Coordinator
PhD/Mphil in Computing/IT –
PhD/Mphil in Engineering –
* Above information are subject to change